Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Three And Konad

These are three unique items that I will keep their prices a secret until the end of this post. I haven't really touched up on makeup in this blog yet, but I will. Especially now when I'm trying other alternatives to different makeup. Specifically, I'm cutting my MAC addiction. It's far too pricey, and to be honest, their makeup makes me feel a little oily. So I'm starting back at square one with searching for the right makeup. I came across these three items.


First up, I'll get it out of the way. It's an LA Color nail hardener. I am a fan of LA Colors because they go on in a solid coat, and the colors themselves remind me of China Glaze. Oh, and the fact that they're all only $1. I picked up this hardener for a dollar as well from the local Dollar Store. It's blue, instead of pink or yellow like the other hardeners that I've used. I put it on, and man, my nails are hard. I love things that actually work, especially for a buck! I love the brushes, and I love the application. The hardener is no different, and I highly reconmend it. You cannot go wrong.
Tip: The hardener acts as a base coat, so no need to get an expensive base either. =)

Next is the 12 color eye shadow pallet from LA Colors (see a trend?). They are the colors under the Urban collection. I didn't get a chance to try them in the store, obviously, but when I got home I did some swabs and the colors are true and do not seem to have that dusting effect that other shadows of mine had. The colors are actually more lighter in application than others, as well. I personally like it because I don't really appreciate the blunt purple eyes, but a hint of lavender on my lids can be an awesome Spring look. I'll do my makeup tomorrow and show you all what they look like. =) For a $1, who can go wrong?

Last, though, was a surprise. To me, really. In the same section as the polish and eyeshadow. I saw foundation (Donna Michelle's Makeup Foundations Light 1). I'm running low on my foundation (I use Revlon's photo ready) and I figured why not spend yet another dollar on something new to try? And I'm glad I did. This stuff is practically water. It's awesome. It's water that makes your skin flawless and all one color. Color was really the only problem I had. There are three shades, light, medium and dark. I figure that these three shades are not going to compliment every skin tone, but for mine, I got the light. The foundation, actually, seems to be somewhat transparent so that your true color comes through anyways..just with a smoother look.

These three items I highly suggest for you to try out and use. And if you do get the chance to, please let me know how they worked for you! =)

NOW: Konad time.
I have yet to recieve my polishes (getting slightly worried) yet but I couldn't help but dig into the kit anyways and try it out with normal polishes. China Glaze works pretty nicely on stamping kit and I now have lovely-designed nails! =)


As you can see, I'm not perfect at it yet, but I do believe it is quite adorable. The base is LA Color's Bright Pink (one coat, too!) and then stamped using interchangably the BM20 and BM21 plates with the ivy designs from the Bundle Monster collection that I purchased instead of the individual plates. I personally love them...though they are a bit messy with application. Added a very thin coat of Seche Vite, because I'm pretty sure these things are coming off once I get the Konad polish. XD

That's it for today's blog post!
Updates from earlier:
I'm not entirely sure when this nail polish rack is going to get done. We didn't finish it yesturday and Stevan left for work. Hopefully I'll get into it this weekend so that I can finish it myself. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment