Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Things To Come

So everyone! I have exciting news! I just recieved my Konad stamping kit with the stamper, 21 plates, and my two Konad special polishes. I am ALSO finishing up with building my new nail polish display rack. Stevan split the wood, so we just might have to redo it...just depends on how we can really pull it together. I'll be posting a blog about the display, and a blog about the Konad. Both with plenty of pictures.

I tried out the Konad stamping kit and one thing you might want to keep in mind before ordering yours is that normal nail polishes do not work as well as the Konad special polishes. This is because Konad's special polishes are 5X thicker. It's practically plastic. I recieved the stamper, plates, but no polishes when I got the package yesturday. (I contacted Konad and it was just and order problem, so they're sending them). Super, super fast shipping. You can purchase the Konad separate or in kits at Www.wowsocool.com, or on Amazon.com where they have great bundles (I like Amazon instead of Ebay, but I'm sure you can find this stuff on ebay as well). I got the bundle from Bundle Monster on Amazon and it came with 21 plates. These are nock-off plates, but they're still the same concept, and it was only $17.99 with free shipping. Normal image plates on the Wowsocool website start at $7.99 individually, so I really did save with getting these.

The only polish that had a good effect with the Konad stamping kit was china Glaze. Their lighter colors wont work, but the darker CG colors can show up. Not as greatly as the Konad, but still...duable.

Another thing about the Konad (Sorry, I'm just SO excited about this) is that the plates that I ordered verses the plates that are on the Konad website are different sizes. The plates that I ordered have smaller designs compaired to the Konad designs. What does that mean? If you have larger nails, these patters just might not cover your entire nail. My nails are relatively small, short, and thin...so the pattern can cover it just perfection. My thumbs kind of push it, though. But as far as the individual designs, they're pretty close in size.

As far as an update on the nail polish rack, it's coming together. Stevan is getting frustrated and hopefully we can finish it off today before he leaves for work for another week. It would be nice to finish, but I don't want to push anything. I'm still undecided on the color that I want to paint it. I was going through different crafts that I had in this huge art box, and I'm just not sure. I'm thinking pink...or him and I might be getting a wood stain and doing something more...neutral? With perhaps a splash of pink? Not completely decided, obviously. Any suggestions? Comment below. =)

Hope you all have a lovely week!

No comments:

Post a Comment