Saturday, March 19, 2011

First Post! Woot Woot!

I am so very excited to finally have my own blog up and running. =) Hopefully, this will be consistant and helpful to those who wish to view it. Mainly, this blog will be about beauty secrets (majority nail care) that I find along the way, casual hauls, and great tips that I have found useful.

I'm so glad to have a collective place to post all of my progress. Let's dig right in, shall we?

First off, my main collection. Before you learn what I will buy in the future, you should know what I already have and how I keep it all together. Here is a picture, but I'll break it down for you into what exactly I use and why. This will be a bit longer of a post, and it might be easier to just look at the pretty pictures. =)

Introduction to my nail story:
I have had a horrible habit of biting my nails due to my struggle of overcoming my anxiety. Now that I'm getting my anxiety squared away and taken care of, I can't wait to finally do so to my nails, as well. Growing nails out is a chore, and you'll have to baby them for a little bit. But with the right program, you can have long nails in a matter of a couple months!

Fact: There is no such thing as "growing nails faster". Your nails have a set rate at which they grow. Adding protien treatments to your nails, is similar to using a hardner on your nails. The difference between the $15 protien treament and the $6 nail hardener? The protien treatment will settle deep into your nail, actually causing the nail to change and thicken. Hardeners just sit atop of your nails for protection, but when removed, it will be your normal nail unchanged.

Grand picture of everything (roughly).


First off, you can't really tell in the picture, but I bought this desk for $30 on Amazon. It was an amazing buy. I didn't want to take a picture of the shelves on the side, because it was far too messy to show to anyone. This desk is great and serves perfect as a mini manicure station. Completed with an overhead light ($15 at office depot), and my little hot pink dude.

Starting at the close, left. You will see my nail polish remover, cuticle creme, and a nifty little box. The box holds all of my nail necessities such as my nail buffer, pumice stone (for feet, obviously), files, nail art brushes, dotting tools, clippers, and cuticle pusher. The little crowded area is where everything is condensed. The cuticle cream is really the only thing I have to rave about. I use Super Nails cuticle creme. It works wonderss!! And at Sally's, it's only $2.50 a bottle. And trust me, this bottle will last you quite a while. I only do my cuticles about once ever two weeks. I don't like over doing them, and I don't like under-doing them. Daily, though, I use Sally Hansen's Nailgrowth miracle cuticle oil. It's good to moisturize your cuticles.
As far as nail polish remover goes, I normally use an Acetone base remover. I've never really had much luck with non-aceton based removers. And from the facts, the worst thing it does to your nails is weakens them...but I use products daily that strengthen them...so it's not a real concern of mine. Also, I have about a gallon jug full of acetone remover in an "excess" tub under my bed. The excess tub has cotton balls, cotton pads, and all of the extra stuff like nail files and such that I would normally run out of. If I find a good deal of something like those items, I normally get them.

Moving onto my collection~!
Nail polish is something that I've only really gotten into a bit. I used to wear the same color, everyday. I never changed it up, simply because I was never good at designs. But now I'm getting into it again, and slowly rebuilding my polish collection. A huge majority of my collection is China Glaze and Revlon. I loooveee China Glaze. It's great. Nothing bad to say about any of their polishes, except for their neons. Their neons take like, seven coats to show some color. But other than that, no other complaints.
Revlon, however, I hate. I really do. I hate it with a burning passion. I really want to just throw away all of my Revlon polishes, but I feel like I'll need them right after I throw them away. I have a hard time separating with them. But no, I hate them. They are the worst. First off, the pigment and the liquid that it's in doesn't stay together for like, A DAY. And their colors always change. After a while, they'll turn lighter or darker...it's so frustrating. And also, they're a PAIN to remove. I'd rather remove glitter polish than Revlon. I guess it's okay if you like wearing polish for like, a month. But I change my polish every four days or so... so it's frustrating to have polish that dries like glue. And yes, I do have the complete crackle collection. =)
Need color details? Just comment and let me know and I'll do my best to tell you the color of the polish. =)
Fact: I made that nail display rack using styraphone, felt paper, and zebra ribbon with a shoe box.

Moving on to under my lamp....
I've been trying to find a spice rack, recently. I want to get a super cheep one that I can paint and stuff. But I haven't had time to really shop (or even to paint my nails). Anyways, under the lamp I have all of my art deco colors, a couple polishes that didn't make it on the display shelf. I also have my other cuticle oils which are CND which are best for when you're cleaning and soaking your nails. I have Essie's formula "Grow Faster" which is crap. Even as a hardener, it sucks. It's sticky and smells bad. Overall, I'm not a fan of Essie. I have my Seche top and base (The BEST top and base everrr), and my clear-base with glitter because, no one can really have enough glitter.
Fact: Soaking nails in water actually dehydrates them, so it's best to wear gloves when washing dishes and moisturize your hands after taking a shower or swimming.
I paint my nails on a towel that I got at the dollar store. I love the dollar store. <3

That's it for this post. I didn't want to overwhelm you all with words and explainations. Can't wait to do color of the month. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment