Sunday, March 20, 2011

I Am SOO Excited!

My nail polish collection is starting to grow, wayy past the capacity of the shelving system that I created. I don't have anymore desk space to really put another one of those things, so Stevan (My boyfriend) and I were brainstorming as to what we were going to do about this. I have quite a few polish bottles just clustered under my lamp, on the bookself, and some older ones in bins. I want a way that I can just have them all up on my wall so that I can see them all.

What we had come up with was we stopped by Lowes and found these 8ft by 1ft boards already detailed and treated. They're smooth pine, and very nice. We're going to cut them down into pieces to make sort of a shelf that will hang up on my wall. =) It was $8 for the whole sheet of wood, and when we crunched some numbers, we are able to have the board fit 65 nail polish bottles. =) Which is a great start to some great storage. =) I'm super excited, especially, because not only are we going to build it, but I get to paint it. When it's completed, I'll show you all what it looks like. =)

Also bought a new nail polish at the dollar store. I got the LA Colors Bright Pink bottle. I needed a pink because my last one was..well, crap. And I only have one pink, verses...many other shades of the other colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment